My Daughter's Testimony


Yes, this is really Alice.....author of Come Sit By Me blog. I have had some health issues lately, and some serious decisions to make, so have been a bit slow with my thoughts and writing. So, this being Sunday, I thought this might be a perfect time to share a devotional that was written by my daughter, Lisa a few years ago.  I hope you will be as blessed as I am as I remember this "precious" day, and how thankful and blessed her Dad and I were for her decision.  Much love Lisa!


DID SOMEONE KNOCK?

Revelation 3:20 (KJV)  “ Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Another beautiful day You have made, Lord!  Thank You for the time you have so generously given me in my “too busy” life to take a walk and just be alone with You. I thank You and praise You!
About fifteen minutes into my walk I pass a woods. This morning I seem to hear more woodpeckers than usual all around me.  “Or maybe, Lord, You have just heightened my senses to listen well enough to hear them.”  Knock, knock, knocking to the left.   The same thing to the right, and in front of me.  I think to myself, “My goodness! They sure have to work hard to find a tiny bug or two for their breakfast!”  As I pass by the woods I continue to hear their steady, firm, slow knocking. As I continue my walk I begin to hear a more rapid hammering.  One bird is working much more fast and furious than the rest seem to be. His work has a sound of urgency to it, as if he will starve to death before he gets his meal.
Somewhere at the back edges of my mind, I begin to relive a memory of long ago.  I was a nine year old child in a small town church. It was at the end of the children’s sermon, and we all stood for the invitation song. I remember how, for a couple of weeks as we would sing the invitation song, I would feel a kind of “firm, steady knocking” on my heart’s door, but I would choose to ignore it.
But, one particular  Sunday at invitation time, this knocking had turned into a rapid, almost panicky hammering.  I felt like an invisible person had hold of my arm pulling me, and another invisible person was pushing me from behind.  I thought my heart might beat out of my chest as I held onto the back of the pew in front of where I was standing!  I could hold on no longer because the voice coming from inside me had such an urgent tone saying, “Come, Child of mine.  I want you to go now! Hurry, it’s time!”  That day, as a nine year old little girl I accepted Jesus into my heart.  The preacher leading children’s church that morning told my mother and father that I didn’t come “walking” to the front of the church…….I came running
 I don’t even want to think of how my life would be today "in my fifties", if I had not felt that hammering on the door of my heart, and had not let go of the back of that pew!

Savior, I pray that everyone today who feels the hammering on their heart’s door will let go of the back of the pew and RUN to You!

AUTHOR: Lisa J. Stacey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who is this person?" you ask? Let me introduce myself......

SPRING STORM SEASON IS HERE!!

A HAUNTED HOUSE.....SCARED ME TO "LIFE?"