WHO AM I? WHERE AM I?

WHO AM I? - WHERE AM I ?


As I grow older and see so many changes in and around me, I feel the need to share with others in the form of a devotional type message, and still hope to share some life lessons as I write.  Go back in time with me now as I share some things in my past, but also how God is always present in all circumstances...and at all times......

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”
                                                                                 Mark 13:31  (NIV)

Recently I went back to visit the little town where I grew up.  I was so anxious to see all the places where I used to play and go to school, and maybe see people I used to know.

But, what an eye-opener awaited me!  The school I attended most of the first nine school years of my life was completely gone.... basically crumbled and collapsed, I was told.  The little house where I lived?  Completely remodeled to the point that, if it hadn’t still sat in the same place, I wouldn’t have recognized it.  Even the little church where I went to Sunday School each week, and attended class in the basement, and also where I was baptized, was now an American Legion Hall. I was completely disoriented - and I have to admit, more than a little sad.

My thoughts now turn to how much our bodies are like that.  There is fatigue where energy use to be.  Loss of the use of limbs and parts of my body that used to work without my even thinking about it.  Even a bit of depression at times where joy used to abide. 

Still, I can see God using all these changes in me in ways that amaze me. I have more time to just sit at His feet and learn from Him. I have more time to visit and share with others who are hurting, or write devotionals such as this one which might help someone else in some way. Maybe jot a note or send a card to someone at just the time they might need it.

I didn't much like the changes I saw in my little home town, and I can't always say I like the changes in my body.  But, I did see progress in that little town, and I do see progress in my spiritual life now, despite what my physical body might be going through.  That is really what God wants to see in us.  A body that might be “wasting away on the outside, but is being renewed daily on the inside.”  That’s His word -- and “His word will never pass away.”  Praise God for such a blessed “constant” that we can count on!

Who am I? As an old song goes, “I‘m the blood-bought, the church, the redeemed!”  Where am I?  Always in the arms of my loving Father Who helps me cope with the changes that have, and will come. 

AUTHOR:  Alice Ervin lives in Dayton, OH. and in spite of daily aggravations with chronic illnesses, is thankful that she can count on Jesus as “never changing and always being here for her.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who is this person?" you ask? Let me introduce myself......

SPRING STORM SEASON IS HERE!!

A HAUNTED HOUSE.....SCARED ME TO "LIFE?"