WATCHING THE SEASONS CHANGE


Come sit by me and we'll watch as Old Man Winter very reluctantly gives up his title and hands it over to Sister Springtime.  It is the last of February, 2019. Yes, I jumped from being a five year old child in my last post to present day, and I am now a Senior Citizen of seventy-eight. Usually time seems to pass very quickly now, but not so with the closing of a strange and long Winter season.  At least, in my mind it has felt that way.  The weather has seemed as if it can't make up it's mind. One day snowy, the next day in the forties or fifties, with rain and even some early thunderstorms.

But enough of the whining about the physical weather.  I am just glad to be here writing again.  I want to share a bit about how many people "came to sit with me" the last while as I went through a winter season of my own, but in the physical way. I was waiting to see if I definitely had a serious health problem, and it was a dark and gloomy time. I have been shown there are many ways people can sit with each other....not right beside them on the couch maybe, but over the phone, messages on Facebook, encouraging cards, sharing meals, and most of all in prayer on  our/my behalf. I am so thankful for each and every one of those who were willing to sit with me in these ways.

I am thankful to say that for now it seems I had nothing to worry about. But, being a born worrier.....I did so!  I am not proud of that fact, but when you live alone, there is just too much time for your mind to race to places you didn't even need to go.

So as I sat today and watched the sun come up, and even heard an "early bird" singing, I thought how very blessed I am to be able to really enjoy the day, worry-free for the time being. I feel excited when I think of how the "winter season" has passed in more than one way for me, and I smile as I see the evidence of Sister Springtime pushing on Old Man Winter's backside as if to say, "Out of way...I am moving in!"

I hope you could find the hidden message in what I just shared, but just in case you didn't, I will close this post with a poem I wrote several years ago. Maybe it will, at least, make sense to you.

In the meantime I will be praying for all of you who are going through your own "times of winter woes."   Spring truly will arrive, in oh, so many ways!!

WELCOME SPRING

"It's Spring again!" the robins chirp while playing on the lawn,
The gray of Winter now is past, warm sunny days will dawn,
The crocus and the daffodil are beautifully arrayed,
And clusters of shy violets bow meekly in the shade.
From every nook and cranny I can see new life abound,
Bursting forth triumphantly from death within the ground.
I gather in each precious site and hold them in my heart,
They give me hope for a new life when I, this life depart.
And I delight in fields of green, blue skies, and clouds of white,
And thrill as birds sing morning songs to break the dark of night.
These things all speak to me of Christ, and how His life He gave,
He lives again! He rose and reigns victorious o'er the grave!
To me, He gave this promise, that I, too again may live,
If I walk with Him through winters, cold, and all my life I give.
With each new day my heart is light as I with robins sing,
"We thank You, Lord, for winters-past." And whisper....
"Welcome Spring!"





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who is this person?" you ask? Let me introduce myself......

SPRING STORM SEASON IS HERE!!