SPIRITUAL HIDE AND SEEK


SPIRITUAL HIDE AND SEEK – REALLY?
(Calling All Deer Hunters...Or not!!)


I haven't posted for a while for many reasons, but I thought this would be a good time to share one of my daughter, Lisa's devotionals again.   She wrote this several years ago when she and her husband lived in a big home in the country.  This is the time of year when many are out and about deer hunting to provide food for winter, and also for the enjoyment of being out in the beauty of the season.   Enjoy!  
( I hope to start writing again soon.- Alice)


 (Genesis 3:8) KJV… Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

  Living in the country I have access to several roads where there is very little traffic.  As many mornings as possible, I am blessed to be able to take a long, safe, healthy walk, and commune with God in many ways.  It began with me just walking and praying, but here lately it seems God has decided it is time for Him to add many of His life lessons by showing me things I had missed on my walks before.  Some new things,…..some that had been there all along.

 At the farthest end of my morning walk where I always turn around to start back home, one morning as I turned, imagine my surprise as there stood a beautiful little fawn in the middle of the road, just yards from  where I had walked a few minutes earlier.  I stopped dead still to enjoy the moment, just wondering what the fawn would do since he saw me, also.  He stood very still, not moving a muscle, and as I slowly walked closer he still didn’t move.

I didn’t understand why he was allowing me to get closer to him than was safe, so I decided to stop and just enjoy this blessing God had given me.  Silently I prayed, “Father, how I thank You for all the beauty of Your creation, and for blessing me with a moment of communion with one of Your beautiful little creatures.  Lord, if you have a lesson for me with what is happening, please reveal it, and help me to learn from it, and to share it with others whom it might help.”

Eventually, very slowly the little fawn walked across the road, through the ditch and disappeared into the cornfield.  So, with the moment being over, I walked onward towards home. But, when I reached the place where the small deer had entered the cornfield I stopped and peered in.  Four rows into the corn I could see the fawn, standing very still, watching me.

 I smiled and thought to myself, “You think I can’t see you, don’t you?  Then the thought entered my mind of just how much like that little fawn we are.  We often think our sin is hidden.  You know? The sin that is in our heart and in our mind. We believe that if our family, friends and the world cannot see it, we are safe.  Just like the small fawn was thinking. But, just as I could still see him when he thought he was well hidden, so can our Heavenly Father see us trying to hide our sins.  God, our Creator is omnipresent, He is always there, so He sees all and knows all!  He sees our heart and thoughts, forgives us, but encourages us to keep striving to be more like Him. 

 (1Chronicles 28: 9)KJV …  for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts…

So now I pray..."Heavenly Father, I will never be able to completely conquer the evil sin that wins me over at times here on earth.  Thank You for understanding, for sending Jesus as a payment for my sins,  and for Your Grace that covers me when I’m sorry and I say, “Let me try again!”     

Written by Lisa J. Stacey  -- Submitted by her mom, Alice Ervin



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Who is this person?" you ask? Let me introduce myself......

SPRING STORM SEASON IS HERE!!

A HAUNTED HOUSE.....SCARED ME TO "LIFE?"